We are pleased to announce that due to the low rate of community transmissions of COVID-19, St Patrick’s Green is again open for visitors. As of 31st October, residents of our aged care home can now have up to two visitors.
All visitors, you will also be denied entry if you have visited one of the following COVID-19 hot spots or case locations:
We’d like to remind you that at St Patrick’s Green:
1. A visitor should not be anyone who:
• is unwell;
• has returned from overseas in the last 14 days;
• has had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
• has travelled to a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days;
• has a fever (37.5 degrees or more);
• has a cough, runny nose, sore throat or breathing difficulties; and
• after 1 May 2020, has not had the 2020 flu vaccination (unless it is unavailable to you).
2. It is critical that visitors stay away if you’re unwell or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19. Visitors should also:
• visit a resident in the resident’s room or outdoors;
• avoid communal spaces;
• make sure the resident has no more than two visitors at a time, including doctors;
• wash or sanitise your hands before entering and leaving the facility;
• wear a medical grade mask whilst on site; and
• stay 1.5 metres away from residents, staff and other visitors where possible
3. Aged care visiting and outing times are preferred between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday, and 9.00am to 1.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. We understand that visits and outings outside of these core hours will be necessary but ask visitors to report to reception and complete the entry screening process.
4. If you arrive for a visit outside of the core hours you will need to use the intercom to speak with one of our care staff on the floor who will let into the reception area to complete the sign in procedure. Please be patient, however, as our staff are busy looking after your loved ones and may take some time to respond to the intercom.
5. On arrival at the village we ask all visitors to report to reception for mandatory screening and sign in. This will now include the requirement to record and enter your own temperature as part of the process. During the sign in you will be prompted to confirm the floor you wish to visit, once this is done you will be provided a four (4) digit lift passcode which will allow you to access the desired aged care floor and a printed visitor pass. Please wear the visitor pass at all times for benefit or our staff. Please note the lift codes will be changed from time to time.
6. Visitors must produce valid confirmation of flu vaccination as part of the screening process. This can be kept on file after the first visit. From May 1 2020, this requirement is law in Australia and includes children.
7. At all times 1.5 metres social distancing is to be maintained.
8. Once you have signed in and received your lift passcode, sanitise your hands thoroughly and make your way to the main lift and enter the code.
9. A maximum of four (4) people can travel in a lift at any time provided 1.5m distancing is practiced.
10. Upon arriving on the floor, all visitors are to sanitise their hands again then make their way directly to the resident’s room on the agreed path of travel. All visitors are to remain in the resident’s room.
11. If, during the visit, you wish to go outside or make an outing please use the main lift and avoid passing though ground floor common areas wherever possible.
12. At the end of your visit please return to reception and sign out. If you have elected to make an outing, involving taking a resident off site, we ask that before leaving the village you sign out at reception and when you return complete the sign in process again.
If you can’t make it to the village, why not book in a video call with a loved one instead? This won’t take place the village, and you can make this call from the comfort of home on your computer, phone or tablet.
If you’d like to learn more about living in our beautiful village in the heart of Kogarah, call us today for a chat.